John Legend went on Twitter on Monday to defend himself after a 2016 photo of him resurfaced with disgraced producer Harvey Weinstein. (AP)

John Legend*thinks*R. Kelly*deserves the same fate as*Harvey Weinstein.
The “All of Me” singer, who was one of the few celebrities that participated in the Lifetime series “Surviving R. Kelly,” was asked by a Twitter user about a photo with he took with the disgraced movie mogul at the Sundance Film Festival in 2016.
“I took a photo with and worked with Harvey on several occasions before his abuse was known to me and the rest of the world,”*he explained*on Monday. “Since his being exposed, his company and career have rightfully been destroyed and he’s been indicted. Sounds like something that should happen to R Kelly.”
In*a follow-up tweet*he said to people that may think Kelly is innocent to not involve Legend any further.
“If y’all wanna cape for R and discount all these women’s stories, just say it. Don’t bring up some old pics of me and somebody else,” Legend wrote.

FILE - Disgraced producer Harvey Weinstein is pictured here with Chrissy Teigen, and musician John Legend at a Sundance Film Festival event on January 24, 2016 in Park City, Utah. (Photo by Neilson Barnard/Getty Images for Samsung, FILE)

Following the release of the Lifetime series, the “Ignition” artist*became the subject of a criminal investigation*in Georgia where the mansion that was allegedly home to his ‘sex cult’ was filmed.
After participating in the docuseries, Legend said of*his decision to appear on camera, “To everyone telling me how courageous I am for appearing in the doc, it didn’t feel risky at all. I believe these women and don’t give a f–k about protecting a serial child rapist.”
Weinstein has been accused of varying degrees of sexual misconduct by dozens of women and is*currently facing five charges*including predatory sexual assault.
This article originally appeared in Page Six.*